Constitutional Law of The Republic of Armenia on Human Rights Defender
- CHAPTER 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- CHAPTER 2. GUARANTEES FOR THE ACTIVITIES OF THE DEFENDER
- CHAPTER 3. PROCEDURE FOR ELECTION OF THE DEFENDER AND TERMINATION OF THE POWERS THEREOF
- CHAPTER 4. PROCEDURE FOR CONSIDERATION OF ISSUES WITHIN THE POWERS OF THE DEFENDER
- CHAPTER 5. ACTIVITIES OF THE DEFENDER IN SEPARATE AREAS
- CHAPTER 6. ANNUAL COMMUNICATION AND REPORTS OF THE DEFENDER, PARTICIPATION OF THE DEFENDER IN THE ACTIVITIES OF STATE AND LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT BODIES AND THE COUNCIL UNDER THE DEFENDER
- CHAPTER 7. PECULIARITIES OF STATE SERVICE WITHIN THE STAFF OF THE DEFENDER
- CHAPTER 8. FINAL AND TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS
CHAPTER 8. FINAL AND TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS
Article 41. Final part
1. This Law shall enter into force on the tenth day following the day of its official promulgation.
2. The Law of the Republic of Armenia HO-23-N of 15 November 2003 "On Human Rights Defender" shall be repealed upon the entry into force of this Law.
3. Paragraph 5 of Article 16, paragraphs 5-7 of Article 28, Article 33, as well as Chapter 7 shall enter into force as of 1 March 2017. Till that the relevant provisions prescribed by 3 O -23-L Law of the Republic of Armenia "On the Human Rights Defender" of 15 November 2003 shall be in effect.
4. The powers of the Defender prescribed by this Law in relation to consideration of violations of human rights and freedoms by organisations shall be in effect as of 1 March 2017.
Article 42. Transitional provisions
1. The Defender shall, as prescribed by this Law, approve the statutes and the structure of the Staff of the Defender within six months following the entry into force of this Law.
2. Till the day of taking up the office of the President of the Republic of Armenia elected in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Article 125 of the Constitution as amended in 2015 class ranks prescribed by point 1 paragraph 3 of Article 35 of this law are granted, lowered, as well as deprived by the President of the Republic of Armenia upon the recommendation of the Defender.
The President of the Republic of Armenia S. Sargsyan
14 January 2017